Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mallory 2.0

I had a pleasant Sunday drive back home today until she called. (Who will now be known as Mallory 2.0)  She gave me this bullshit sob story about how she just "isn't ready for a relationship, right now".  In most pre-dating cases, this would be ok.  The reason why this hit so hard was due to the level of effort we BOTH put into cultivating this relationship.  We had a strong mutual attraction and we both discussed the logistics and parameters of the potential relationship.  We both started to confide in each other and I began to open up a little more.  I usually try to guard my heart when I comes to women, but I felt safe with her.  I had the notion that we would be truthful to each other and not play with the others emotions.

We had a first date planned for tomorrow, but I no longer have to worry about it.  When it all comes to a close, I don't like being played..especially when I get burned in the end, like the next story



The Original Mallory
About halfway though last semester, I began to talk to a nice young woman who is a part of the church I attend.  As time went on, we started to spend alot of time together and things started to progress.  We would talk often and began to open up to each other about personal issues.  I was really excited about this new endeavor as was she.  A month passes and the frequency of communication was fading to nearly nothing.  I knew that her job required long hours and could be quite stressful at times so I didn't think too much about it.  After weeks of one-sided communication, I knew something was wrong.  She went cold turkey on me and left me without a reason why.  She apparently set the precedent for my future relationships.



-SURF-SKATE-LOVE-

No comments:

Post a Comment